Thursday, November 28, 2013

3 days of exciting activities(camp recount)

Rambo Bridge
“How can Alannah do that?” I thought. Alannah was doing the sit ups on the bridge! After doing the sit ups she crawled upside down under the bridge and did the possum! Everyone was amazed by what Alannah did. When she came down from the bridge, everybody crowded around Alannah. Soon it was my turn to go on the Rambo bridge.

Once I went up the bridge, it was like standing on the edge of a Sky Tower :D It looked easy when I was on the ground but it was difficult to move an inch when got up there. Someone (that I don't remember) told me to hold the tree with your left hand and hold the rope with your right hand. I slowly switched hands, shuddering. I took one step towards the other side of the tree. I kept walking until I reached the middle of the bridge, and then I asked my instructor, ET 'can you pull me down?' ET asked me if I was sure and I said I was. But once I came down, I kind of regretted that I came down so early.

BONUS
When my group was doing camp cooking, Mrs McGhie went up the Rambo bridge because of the deal Mrs McGhie and James made. She looked horrified but Mrs McGhie made it to the middle and she came down looking like a ballerina.

Raft Building
“Can you check my helmet Martin?” I asked. As soon as Martin was done checking someone else, he checked my helmet and my life jacket. After checking everyone's helmets, he showed our group how to plan what our raft was going to look like with rocks and sticks. He said to imagine that the rocks are barrels and sticks are bamboo sticks. Holly M came up with a plan and most of our group agreed. After planning we got on to real building. Martin taught  us how to tie ropes properly so they don't get loose while we are on it. He asked us to have a try tying the ropes with a partner and I tied the bamboo and barrels together with Amalie. Once our raft was ready to go, everyone dragged the raft toward the freezing river. 

The river was as cold as the North Pole. The ice cold water made goosebumps around my skin. When I went up the raft I was a little relieved. However Izzy couldn't get up the raft because it got deeper and she couldn't jump up. When the raft tilted, nearly all the girls screamed (including me). Once the raft came back, we were all exhausted with bright smiles on our face.

Rock Climbing
I  didn't know what to do. My muscles were burning so hard. I closed my eyes and I lifted my left leg on to the next step. I nearly slipped but because I quickly let go my my right hand and grabbed the round shaped handle, I was safe. I continued to climb and finally I touched the number which was located on the top of the snormous wall. I let everything go and the helpers slowly let me down to the ground. After my turn on the rock climbing, I changed spots with one of the helpers. 

Once the next person went up, I slowly leaned back and started walking backwards. After every single person had a turn, I tried the bump course because I went on the flat course before. It looked pretty easy from the ground and like always, it was hard :D! My muscles were burning even more than last time. I was stuck on the bumpy bit for nearly a minute. I was yelling for help inside my brain ;o But I heard someone cheering and reached the crocodile-looking handle. After the bumpy bit, it was easy as pie :) I felt proud of myself for touching both of the numbers on both of the courses :D

Mud Slide
The water wasn't going at first and people had to walk down the slide. But then Nicole's dad made the water go so people were really fast at going down. People told me that the ground of the mud pool is disgusting and slimy. When I had a turn on the slide my body was hurting because I got bumped by the rocks that were covered by the black plastic shhet. I splashed went into the pool, it was freezing! The bottom was disgusting like the people told me. The mudslide was amazing, fun, awesome and last of all it was FREEZING.

Confidence Course
“Ewwww...” I said to myself. We had to go over and under logs with mud everywhere. My togs were covered in brown mud. After a few obstacles, we had to hang onto the tyres and jump to the next tyres without falling down into the mud. Luckily, I didn't fall in the mud, but we all had to help Isabel go across. In the middle of the course, I wondered if the mud actuaally had some poo contained in it. Because the smell of the mud attacked my nose. 

After nearly all the fantastic obstacles, Chantelle said to put one of our arms under your legs and use the other hand to hold the arm of the person infront of you. In a second, everysingle girl was in a weird position. After finishing the weird 'position making', we had to walk across a bunch of tyres filled with slimy mud. The time when we nearly finished, someone accidently let go og hand with another person and unfortunately Chantelle saw the hands letting go and she told us we had to start again. Chantelle gave us a little tip: 'use teamwork'. People said 'left, right, left, right' so we could keep the speed of I legs going properly. After the tyre walk, we were told to go in a pool of poo smelling mudpool and go under the rope that was hanging in the middle of the pool.

If we touched the rope we had to stick our face under the mud. Unfortunately, I touched the rope and I had to stick my face under the stinking, poo coloured mud. Once I came out of the mud, I could taste clay in my mouth. When everyone got out, Chantelle led us to the pigsty to rub mud off our body. The confidence course was AWESOME!(and a little bit smelly too).

No comments: